Why In Steel?
Steel Framing v.s Conventional Concrete
Here are some key differences:
- It has been proven that buildings of over 15 storeys built in steel are more cost-efficient than those built using concrete. This becomes more evident with the usage of high-strength steel and when the building is located in an earthquake area.
- With today's advanced technology and latest innovations by Quatron Steel and concrete composite design can be applied in the construction, especially of high rise buildings. More economy can be achieved when applying such design technique while the construction speed remains high.
- It is a known fact that constructing a high rise building in steel can cut the time into half from that when constructing using a concrete structure. For example, a 25- storey building may take 24 months to build in concrete yet only 12 months in steel to complete. Such huge time saving may result in big benefits to the investor as return on the investment is realized faster. This fits perfectly well in the context of Ho Chi Minh City as the construction of office building or hotel prospers to sustain the growing economy.
The advantages when using structured steel as compared to concrete can be listed:
Increasing speed and reducing cost
• Faster construction
• Earlier revenue generation
• Lower finance costs
• All-weather construction
• Longer spans and fewer columns
• Less excavation and fewer foundations
• Achieve low floor-to-floor heights
• Faster erection
• Lower overall costs
Improving quality and enhancing occupant's satisfaction
• Fabricated to precise tolerances in controlled environment
• Smaller and fewer columns and more useable clear space
• More remodeling and re-use flexibility
• Improved sound transmission/attenuation
• “Green” 100% recyclable material